[Yum] reposync not syncing devtoolset-3

Md dewan iqbal10000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 03:27:04 UTC 2018

Dear Sir,Now my organization is fully destroyed so there are no way to again start my business or if want to start again that is impossible for me to do because a human huge lose I took plus who were destroyed they don’t do me my business.I can’t enable to protect them plus no One can be same as previous in help me

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, August 27, 2018, 09:07, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:

On 08/26/2018 07:34 PM, Ian Mortimer wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-08-26 at 20:51 +0000, Felipe Franciosi wrote:
>
>> I’m trying to make a local repo for SCLo from a CentOS mirror and
>> struggling a bit to pull devtoolset-3.
> devtoolset-3 is EOL since Oct 2016 according to:
>
>    https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/scls/rhscl/devtoolset-3/
>
> The packages are still there (as you found) but not included in the
> repo data so you won't be able to download them with yum or reposync.

Why I would use rsync with something like the following in crontab:

15  1 * * * root /usr/bin/rsync -auv --delete --exclude=drpms/
rsync://mirror.cisp.com/CentOS/6.6/updates/x86_64/
/var/flexshare/shares/repo/centos/6.6/updates/x86_64

Challenge was to find a mirror supporting rsync.

I excluded delta rpms, because why have them when the rpms are local?