[Yum] Downloading and installing all rpms needed for a set of packages

Satoshi Yagi marseille07 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 21 18:25:25 UTC 2015

It's sort of related to what I asked about repoquery.  One way to do that is for each package, run:

$ repoquery --resolve --requires --recursive perl-Moose
perl-Moose-0:1.15-1.el6.x86_64
perl-Package-DeprecationManager-0:0.11-1.el6.noarch
perl-Sub-Exporter-0:0.982-4.el6.noarch
perl-Sub-Name-0:0.05-6.el6.x86_64
perl-MRO-Compat-0:0.11-2.el6.noarch
perl-Data-OptList-0:0.104-4.el6.noarch
glibc-0:2.12-1.149.el6.i686
perl-Params-Util-0:1.00-3.el6.x86_64
perl-List-MoreUtils-0:0.22-10.el6.x86_64
glibc-0:2.12-1.149.el6_6.9.x86_64
perl-Task-Weaken-0:1.02-7.el6.noarch
perl-4:5.10.1-136.el6.x86_64
perl-Class-MOP-0:1.12-1.el6.x86_64
perl-Devel-GlobalDestruction-0:0.02-7.el6.x86_64
perl-Try-Tiny-0:0.11-4.el6.noarch

Then I suppose you can combine all the output then sort | uniq to get a full list.

Note that this approach requires your dependencies to resolve, as repoquery does not report on dependency failures, and that was my gripe about repoquery in a different post.

Satoshi