[Yum] new packages not showing up

Alexander Gray II grayaii at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 20:09:32 UTC 2013

I just noticed another difference.
On the 3 machines that do not show the latest package (yum version 3.4.3),
I do not see the "security" plugin:
Config time: 0.015
Yum version: 3.4.3
rpmdb time: 0.000
Setting up Package Sacks
pkgsack time: 0.030
Error: No matching Packages to list

On the one machine that works (3.2.29), I see the security plugin AND I see
my repo being updated:
Config time: 0.084
Yum Version: 3.2.29
Setting up Package Sacks
my-yum-repo                             | 3.5 kB     00:00
pkgsack time: 0.026
rpmdb time: 0.000
Available Packages
foo.x86_64                   2-1                    my-yum-repo

If i try to install the security plugin in 3.4.3, I get this:
Package yum-plugin-security-1.1.31-17.16.amzn1.noarch is obsoleted by
yum-3.4.3-108.42.amzn1.noarch which is already installed
Nothing to do

I have no idea if this information is relevant, but it's another difference
I found.

Thanks,
Alex

--