[Yum] Need help with writing a yum plugin

Nicolas Chauvet kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:48:39 UTC 2012

2012/3/27 Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plcomputers.net>:
..
> but kmods are built with weak-updates and placed in folder of the lowest
> available kernel, and then symlinked for every newly installed kernel.
> I have only experience with CentOS/RHEL kernels, where there is no need to
> touch kmod packages when new kernel is installed.

This is fedora land only where a specific kmod2 is built for a given
uname-r kernel and will break with another.
We don't plan to address the EL case with this topic and will redirect
to the elrepo.org work in this case (with kABI).

http://rpmfusion.org/Packaging/KernelModules/Kmods2

Nicolas (kwizart)
RPM Fusion project coordinator.