[Yum] Yum for Windows?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plcomputers.net
Fri Mar 23 13:11:23 UTC 2012

On 03/23/2012 01:26 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic
> <office at plcomputers.net>  wrote:
>> Rpm packages mostly distribute GPL-ed software. You would need complicated
>> legal platform to put installation packages in some repository.
>
> Not necessarily.
>
> You could distribute commercial packages as rpm just fine. Oracle does that.

It's not what I meant. Oracle distributes THEIR rpms. You can distribute
GPL'ed software without need to ask for permition, but commercial
packages might need permission. And with practice in Windows world to
have EULA's, that might be even more complicated.

If he wants to put larger number of installation files that are not his
ones, then he should first obtain permission to do so, in case of public
repositories.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)