[Yum] Corrupt Yum Reinstall

daniel.1.ciborowski at nokia.com daniel.1.ciborowski at nokia.com
Tue Jun 19 15:41:25 UTC 2012

So I was having trouble with my metadata, and was told to try removing fastestmirror, which completely broken Yum.

So then I tried to reinstall yum.
I am having the following issue

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4.3 (#1, Mar 22 2012, 16:05:45)
[GCC 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.2-52)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:

I have confirmed that I am using the correct and up to date version of Python.

OS is CentOs 5.8

Got my rpm's from
Mirror.centos.org/centos-5/5.8/os/x86_64/CentOS/

Thanks
Dan