[Yum] problems with fetching metadata files.

Zdenek Pavlas zpavlas at redhat.com
Fri Jun 8 09:54:25 UTC 2012

> file:///XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: [Errno 14]
> Downloaded more than max size for
> file:///XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/repodata/primary.sqlite.bz2: 16383 > 14
> do I exceed any limits?! can I change it?

Yum parsed repomd.xml and expects primary.sqlite.bz2 to be just 14 bytes.
While downloading, we give up because the file is much larger.

a) your repomd.xml has incorrect sizes (a bug in createrepo)
b) repomd.xml and metadata are out of sync.
c) there's a bug in repomd.xml parsing/processing in yum.

I expect a) to be the most likely cause.  Your probably created
invalid (zero length) primary.sqlite, and bz2 header adds
few (14?) bytes.  Just check repomd.xml on the server, and
if it's correct, check that Yum does not cache a different file.