[Yum] creating build order from rpm spec files

Alfred Landrum alfred.landrum at riverbed.com
Tue Oct 25 14:18:01 UTC 2011

>Vreme: 10/25/2011 10:26 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic piše:
>> Vreme: 10/25/2011 05:19 AM, Alfred Landrum piše:
>>> - is there a straight forward way to create a host-independent yumbase
>>> instance? Since I want to use existing yum repos as part of the
>>> dependency check, I'm creating a yum.conf file on the fly that lists
>>>the
>>> given repos, and disables plugins, etc. This feels relatively heavy
>>> weight.
>>
>> Are you familiar with mock and smock? Smock solves build even order of
>> several srpm's in same batch using local yum config files.

Yes, thanks.  In fact, we'll use mock to actually perform the build
process for the spec files, taking the rpms and putting them in a
'working' repo that will be use by later mock runs, very similarly to
smock.  There were a few features that we need that I didn't see together
in one other tool (happy to be corrected):
- supports using .spec files directly, w/o needing a SRPM.  We'll be using
this as a part of a build process that will be constantly running for
continuous integration purposes, so we didn't want the overhead of
creating srpm's.
- uses yum/rpm "core" dependency solving, instead of trying to parse out
the PRCO's and perform the dependency calculations by hand.