[Yum] creating build order from rpm spec files

James Antill james-yum at and.org
Tue Oct 25 13:17:43 UTC 2011

Alfred Landrum <alfred.landrum at riverbed.com> writes:

> I'm using yum 3.2.29 (on fedora 15).  A couple of specific questions:
>
> - it looks like yum.packageSack.PackageSack never calls the
> PackageSackBase init.  This was causing a attribute errors (no attributed
> 'added').  Is that a buglet?

 It looks like this might be a bug, but nobody noticed because nothing
uses PackageSack directly (things either inherit from it, or use
ListPackageSack).

> - is there a straight forward way to create a host-independent yumbase
> instance?  Since I want to use existing yum repos as part of the
> dependency check, I'm creating a yum.conf file on the fly that lists the
> given repos, and disables plugins, etc.  This feels relatively heavy
> weight.

 Not really sure what you mean here ... you can create a yumbase with
an empty rpmdb (or, even, a "fake" one), and you can tweak the
arch/releasever/etc. ... but you have to have something.

James Antill -- james at and.org