[Yum] A Problem with Red Hat's yum-rhn-plugin and a local repo mirror

Dan White ygor at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 17:09:32 UTC 2011

It gets worse.
This is a yum/cobbler/RedHat issue and I am having a tough time getting info from all the effected/responsible parties.

Red Hat just told me "the cobbler is not provided by Red Hat so issues related to cobbler repository will not be supported."

Is the local mirroring of a rhn repo part of yum or is it something cobbler added to the mix ?  My impression is that it is a yum feature that cobbler exploits.

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)