[Yum] Weird FC16 yum problem

Walter Keen walter.keen at rainierconnect.net
Mon Dec 12 17:04:12 UTC 2011

No luck here...  Might just have to reinstall

[root at wkeen ~]# rpm -V python
[root at wkeen ~]# ldd /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/selectmodule.so
     linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00cd6000)
     libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x00345000)
     libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x006dc000)
     /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x483e6000)
[root at wkeen ~]# yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

    /usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/selectmodule.so: undefined symbol: mory

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.7.2 (default, Oct 27 2011, 01:36:46)
[GCC 4.6.1 20111003 (Red Hat 4.6.1-10)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
   http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq

[root at wkeen ~]#

--