[Yum] [Yum-devel] yum for redhat 7 and 9 and other older distros in use

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Apr 26 16:07:59 UTC 2011

ZC> We would like a yum version for redhat 7 and 9 and other distros
ZC> that have updates available.

I'm pretty sure there were versions of yum going back to RHL9; the
earliest releases appear to be from 2002 while RHL9 dates from 2003.
See http://yum.baseurl.org/download/1.0/.  I doubt there was any yum
code that supported the RHL7 series, though I guess you're welcome to
try.  Personally I've no idea of how to create repositories that could
be read by those old versions.

Honestly, though, I really doubt that anyone is going to be able to help
you out much with such ancient code.  (RHL7 still had a 2.2 kernel!)  I
find your message somewhat ambiguous, however; were you wanting to hire
someone to provide this software?

 - J<