[Yum] is there a yum command to list available yum plugins?

James Antill james-yum at and.org
Wed Oct 6 17:45:25 UTC 2010

"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> writes:

>   also, i've checked here:
>
> http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq
>
> and the section on plugins describes the plugin package names as, for
> instance:
>
>   # yum install yum-plugin-versionlock
>
> but AFAICT, the plugin package names these days are simply
> "yum-versionlock", are they not?

 They used to be just yum-blah, but we tried to start a naming std. of
yum-plugin-blah for plugins ... all of yum-utils sub-packages were
converted, but nothing else has changed and RHEL-5 still has a
version of yum-utils from before the name change.

James Antill -- james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.29
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumMultipleMachineCaching