[Yum] mirrorlist server selection

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Mar 17 15:19:39 UTC 2010

For RPM Fusion's mirrorlist I am also running Matt Domsch's
MirrorManager and we have two servers serving the mirrorlist. It is one
DNS name which resolves to two IPs. Yum automatically uses the correct
mirrorlist server if one of the servers is down (or if nothing answers
on port 80). I do not know if this is on purpose but if something is
answering on the port the mirrorlist is supposed to run with a http
status code 500 or 40? would it not also make sense to try another of
the available mirrorlist servers? This is especially a problem for RPM
Fusion because the mirrorlist infrastructure is not in as good hands as
the Fedora infrastructure.

		Adrian