[Yum] Issue with python upgradation

Maxim Burgerhout maxim at wzzrd.com
Fri Jun 11 12:48:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 14:35, Rohit Kumar Nayyar <nayyar.rohit at gmail.com>wrote:

> Python is not able to find the yum module, you should look into
> python2.6/lib/site-packages/ for yum modules, if they are not there, you
> have probably lost them or somehow they are not in the standard location
> where python is trying to locate them.

It's pretty likely nothing is there, because there is no Yum for Python 2.6
installed on CentOS by default. So either you are to place the yum files in
your Python 2.6 site-packages directory yourself, change Python 2.6's
'searchpath', build a Yum RPM for your Python 2.6 environment or - and
that's probably the best thing to do - make sure Yum uses your old Python
2.4 binary instead of the newer Python 2.6 one. I'm guessing your new Python
overwrote your old Python binary or is earlier than the old one in your
$PATH.

If you just execute python, what version launches?