[Yum] PGP Key importing during repomd checking

James Antill james-yum at and.org
Thu Jul 8 16:37:00 UTC 2010

Daniel Valfre <dvalfre at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm setting up a repository for distributing third party content, and
> only the repomd.xml file is signed.  Thus we are configuring the
> corresponding .repo file with:
>
> repo_gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm/myrepokey.pub.asc
>
> When running 'yum makecache' for the first time, it ask for
> confirmation when importing the pgp key from the configured file, and
> everything is fine so far.  But when I want to erase the key it
> doesn't show up with 'rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*'
> Question is:  in which keychain is this key being imported? I went
> through the code but couldn't figure it out...

 Cool, it's probably worth noting that this hasn't happened for
Fedora/etc. etc. ... so you are on the leading edge.

 It's in yum's repo keychain, which is in <cachedir>/gpgdir by default
atm. (which may well change long term). You'll want to use the
"yum-keys" plugin to remove it, or:

 rm -rf /var/cache/yum

...will also work :).

James Antill -- james at and.org