[Yum] createrep question

Kidwell,jr, Jack Jack_Kidwelljr at cable.comcast.com
Thu Feb 25 18:15:22 UTC 2010

Hello,

After several googles, I turn to you. Forgive my poor google skills if
this is a FAQ.

I have a COTS RPM that is invisible to yum, and I think the cause is the
arch property. While the arch tag is properly set in the COTS RPM,
createrepo always chooses "src", ignoring the vendor's arch tag.

Looking in createrepo/ dumpMetadata.py I see this:

    def arch(self):

        if self.tagByName('sourcepackage') == 1 or not
self.tagByName('sourcerpm'):

            return 'src'

        else:

            return self.tagByName('arch')

The COTS RPM does not set tag SOURCERPM, so createrepo returns 'src'.

What's the rationalization for this rule? I need to make a case with the
vendor.

Thanks!

Jack Kidwell