[Yum] Feedback Request: yum-plugin-multithread

Michael Schultz mjschultz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 18:35:24 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:17:49PM +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> One bug:
> If package is already downloaded, your plugin will download it again.

Ah, good catch, I've uploaded a simple fix for that (it now just runs
verifyLocalPkg before adding it to the queue).

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 at 19:38:41 +0200On, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> The default of 16 connections is IMO too many.  [...] I'd imagine that
> something like 4 would be more appropriate default.

I didn't know that about HTTP, but it makes sense.  I've pushed the default
down to 4 connections (though the user can still bump it up in the config
file).

> Even better if there would be two max limits, a global one across all
> servers in the download batch, and a per-server one.

Hmmm, I agree with this, and along with the suggestion for multiple queues
for repos will have to think about how I want to implement it.  That might
take a little longer.

Keep 'em coming,

--
Michael J. Schultz