[Yum] Error in installing compiz using yum

rajkumar vbalakrishnasamy rajkumar.lynx at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:57:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,
   I have installed compiz package in linux using yum in my home but i could
not install it in my college system which requires username and password to
connect the internet through 8080 port and when i give the command ( *yum
install -y ccsm emerald-themes compizconfig-backend-gconf fusion-icon-gtk
emerald compiz-fusion compiz-fusion-gnome libcompizconfig compiz-gnome
compiz-bcop compiz compizconfig-python compiz-fusion-extras
compiz-fusion-extras-gnome* )
it displays the following error:

Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
fedora.
Please verify its path and try again

Thanks in advance

--