[Yum] yum-completed-transactions...

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Wed Feb 17 23:44:53 UTC 2010

Dear yumsters,

OK, yum was interrupted (probably by an urgent powerout shutdown) on a
small notebook computer I'm installing and had "uncompleted
transactions".  I ran yum-complete-transactions and it announced that
what it wanted to do was remove 193 odd packages from the system, all of
them critical to system functionality at first glance.

Safe or not safe?  yum update is otherwise clean -- are these old
packages that yum needs to remove, or did yum get caught in a bizarre
state where it is getting ready to trash my system by removing enough
core that I'd have to reinstall (a major PITA)?

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu