[Yum] a dependency is not being detected?

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:19:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

>  On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Fulko Hew wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org>
>> wrote:

... snip ...

>        or add a pkg-specific dep into mypackage.
>>
>> How would you specify that?
>>

> Requires: perl-SNMP-Session >= someversion

Thanks.  I was only aware of the perl(xxx) format (as I learned by osmosis
by watching rpm build output). I incorrectly assumed that
    Requires: perl(xxx)
was the same as (I thought it was a cute alternative of):
   Requires: perl-xxx

By adding your suggestion, that forces the right thing package to be
installed,
but I then still need to force rpm build (via spec file entries) to 'forget'
about
or not-add the related auto-discovered 'requires perl(xxx)';
that unfortunately still causes mrtg to be hauled in.

I could just send workaround instructions for the RHEL users, or...
I could get the mrtg packaging to fix the problem, or...
maybe I should simply do both.  :-)

Thanks
Fulko