[Yum] dependency problems with yum-priorities on CentOS 5.5

Nick oinksocket at letterboxes.org
Tue Aug 24 10:17:53 UTC 2010

On 24/08/10 10:13, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> Yum runs Transaction TESTING, and THERE it reports problems with deps or
> files, not in actual transaction.

Ok, I think you're echoing what James and Seth said, i.e. I could not have seen
what I think I saw.

> It is very simple. First you run updates with priorities enabled, and
> update all core repo packages and already installed external packages
> without their counterpart in core repos, that (highly likely) have no
> unresolved dependacies.

I claim that's exactly what I did, and when the problem emerged.

My complaint is a usability issue: I didn't get *warned* that there was a
resolution problem until too late. (And that yum hides the potentially resolving
package too thoroughly.)

But the question is moot until I can prove that I am reporting something real.
At the moment I can't, I would have to do quite a lot of work first.

But at least we all seem to agree that it would be an issue if it happened.