[Yum] exception handling regarding yum plugins

Hannes Frederic Sowa hannes at mailcolloid.de
Sat Aug 7 17:40:06 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 7:26 PM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> That's cool. there are now history plugin hooks that might help you -
> they're in yum 3.2.28.

Cool - I will have a look at them.

> also - ultimately if something aborts the whole process then yum plugins
> can kill things off.
>
> suggestions?

I thought about letting PluginYumExit cancel the yum operation, that's alright.
If some other Exception happens it should be catched and logged but not
kill of the other yum-plugins. It depends how you trust the yum-plugins.

Currently I am not too much into the yum-codebase. But if I see it correctly
the plugin-exceptions kill of yum before running verifyTransaction. Either
protect the codepath there that verifyTransaction is always called or the
function call could be pushed up.

Hannes