[Yum] support for private repo on AWS S3

Jeff Enderwick jeff.enderwick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 02:55:27 UTC 2009

Thanks! It is seeming like nobody has added the AWS Auth support to yum
(yet). The appealing aspect of just using S3 (rather than having to have a
server instance doing SSL+HTTP Basic/Digest) is that S3 is a REST-based
storage cloud. You could just plop the rpms and metadata in the S3 bucket
and be done; S3 would just serve it for you - almost zero config required!
Yum seems to be an ideal tool for the EC2 environment. Perhaps I will add
the AWS support if I find the free time - thanks :-).