[Yum] Yum Local Repository verification from Trusted Sources/Vendors!

Jan Muhammad janmuhd at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 15 17:05:39 UTC 2009

Hi Group,

I am setting up my local Yum repository for testing purposes where I have 3 packages(A,B & C) to be pushed onto my clients. Before the server pushes or clients pull those packages, is there any way to verify the integrity of these packages from any trusted patch source such as Microsoft,Sun or NVD to make sure these do not have any vulnerabilities or compare them with CVE list.

Is there any way to test/verify my Yum repository to make sure it is up-to-date and does not contain any vulnerable package?

Help regarding any link to a paper/report/blog in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards

-Jan Muhammad