[Yum] Yum/Python import error

Ol.Geez ol.geez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:17:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

We have an issue with the latest yum version provided by Red Hat
(3.2.22-20).
When provisioning a new build via kickstart, we obtain the following:
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2272/yumimporterror.png

This is not happening with 3.2.19-18, as soon as we take out the latest yum
in the channel, everything works fine.

We upgraded latest python package as well and other yum-metadata-parser and
yum-rhn-plugin packages without success.

The "ImportError: cannot import name utf8_text_wrap" message is not really
obvious, I've seen that there was some mention about utf8 text wrap
implementation in the 3.2.23 change logs but I can't tell if it's related.

We're still troubleshouting on our side but if the stack screenshot is
giving you a hint, do not hesitate to let me know.

Cheers,
Geez.