[Yum] unable to connect to dbus

Brian Long brilong at cisco.com
Fri May 22 13:14:35 UTC 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:
> I'm seeing early termination of yum commands when this error occurs.
> For example I went to remove a list of packages and part way through the
> removal I see the "unable to connect to dbus" error and the command
> terminates right there.  It doesn't retry to connect, it just
> terminates.  So only half of the packages got removed.  This caused
> problems in later commands because I was expecting those packages to be
> erased.

Hi Gerry,
When you send emails to a support list and you mention errors, please
provide a copy of the errors for all to peruse.  You didn't mention
which RPMs you were trying to remove nor did you provide a cut-n-paste
of the error message.

Also, if you plan to investigate further, please do so before sending
your email.  You should only contact this list when you've run out of
other options.  I received 4 emails from you in a period of 3 hours on
the same subject, the last one at 9:35pm.  Maybe you should have sent
one email at 9:35 with your findings instead of starting a
reply-to-myself thread at 6:46pm.  :-)

/Brian/
--
       Brian Long                             |       |
       Corporate Security Programs Org    . | | | . | | | .