[Yum] yum 3.2.23 released

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Fri May 22 03:08:51 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>  Yum 3.2.23 is available. Yet more bugfixes and a fair number of new items:

> srpm:
>  http://yum.baseurl.org/download/3.2/yum-3.2.23-0.src.rpm

While building using that SRPM as base, I noticed the requirement for
python-elementtree is gone. This effectively means on RHEL5-based
system something like "yum --installroot=/tmp/new-RHEL5-root install
yum" would produce unusable yum in the new root. Updating an existing
RHEL5 installation works fine though.

The only changelog related to pyhton-elementtree that I can find was

* Wed Apr  6 2005 Seth Vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu>
- added python-elementtree dep, remove libxml2 dep

Is there a particular reason to remove that dep?

--
Fajar