[Yum] Linux without Internet

narendra sisodiya narendra.sisodiya at gmail.com
Wed May 13 05:24:02 UTC 2009

Hello All.
    This is my first mail, and I want to know your feeback on this.
I want to have something for Linux user which do not have Internet
connection at home or neighbor,
Instead of internet repo , You can do something different.
Instead of small small rpm, we separate them into some big chunk of bundle
with added configuration, which can be interdependently install on a system
without getting any dependency error.
For this we can start form LSB (linux standard base) and make bundle of rpm
which are small small (`~~100 MB ) repository for single big software like
(Xdisplay , open office , FireFox etc) with all added dependency's on it. So
this will be much like distributing software specific small repo bundle
which can be directly installed without worrying about any dependency's and
somewhat similar to installing exe files. (Just click and set the path of
installation)

However this approach will generate a lot of redundancy in term of space,
But who cares, a 2GB software will take 10 GB or 20 GB but it will become a
distributable unit.

This sort of packaging is possible so that /media/software drive will become
transferable/shareable unit to share software,

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )