[Yum] yum list available weird output

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed May 6 14:44:52 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2009, Gerry Reno wrote:
>
>> James Antill wrote:

>>> Not really, --archlist doesn't work on the rpmdb data.
>>>
>>> Also --archlist isn't really meant as a generic filter, it's meant as
>>> a way to make querying a ppc repo. work on an i386 box ... the fact
>>> you can use it as a repo. filter is mostly a side effect.
>>>

>> It's a good option. And it would be a great option if it could be
>> made to work as a filter for all queries including the rpmdb.
>
> In general repoquery shouldn't be acting on the local rpmdb and in a
> slightly later version of yum-utils repoquery will never list any
> output of a pkg from the rpmdb.
>
> it ONLY acts on the repos.

The man page says that 'installed' is a valid context and that's been in
there for quite a long while from what I can see. Why do you want to put
more restriction into this tool? Yum can list installed as well as
available packages. Repoquery has been able and should continue to be
able to do the same thing.

Regards,
Gerry