[Yum] yum: F9 => F10 in-place upgrade

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 31 11:00:59 UTC 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:
> I've been trying to do an in-place upgrade from F9 to F10.  I downloaded
> and installed the Fedora 10 fedora-release rpms.  And made sure the F9
> versions were removed.  But when I run 'yum upgrade' it say "No
> packages".  Is there something else now we have to do?
Probably a good question for fedora-list at redhat.com, however:
1. Do you know about preupgrade ?
It pre-downloads all the metadata, rpms, boot images etc while you
continue to use Fedora, then when you are ready, you reboot into the
installer, confirm installation and before too long, you have F10 going.
And is one of the supported upgrade methods (the other being upgrade via
the dvd disk itself).

2. The Fedora wiki covers inplace live upgrades, and has some hints and
tips:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum/YumUpgradeFaq

DaveT.