[Yum] Can yum show a listing of just the locally installed packages?

Nifty nifty.hat Mitch nifty.hat at niftyegg.com
Mon Mar 23 21:03:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 04:26:19PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> Seth Vidal wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Gerry Reno wrote:
>>> Yeah, I was afraid that was the case. I'd tried about everything in
>>> the man page.
>>>
>>> Suggestion: What would be great from the standpoint of yum metadata
>>> is if we could query yum and have it tell us what repository
>>> delivered each package. Something like:
>>>
>>> # yum list installed
>>> yum-versionlock.noarch 1.1.11-1.fc7 installed local
>>
>> As of this time there is no place to store the information of where a
>> package came from.
>>
> We need such metadata in yum though. Maybe this 'place' could be added
> in the newer versions?

 Gerry

How important is this?

If you run "rpm -qia| less " you will see a lot in the 'Packager',
'Signature' and 'Build Host' fields that can let you infer much about
where a package came from.  It does not tell you what repo (think mirror
site) it was pulled from.  It does not tell you if it came from 'test' and
never was moved to 'released' unless it was resigned.  At some sites that
collect packages into a local repo it could be difficult to know if the
package was site tested and site approved and such unless it was resigned.

It can sort out some largish piles that might be interesting.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Found me a new hat, now what?