[Yum] rpm 4.2

Joshua Bahnsen archrival at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 19:20:49 UTC 2009

rpm -Va --nofiles --nomd5
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13224: line 851: IntegrateWithGNOME: command not found

I think I understand the heart of the issue though.

Here is the requirements section from Firefox 3.0.6:

<rpm:entry name="xulrunner" flags="GE" epoch="0" ver="1.9.0.6" rel="1"/>

Because it is GE and not EQ yum determines the requirement and says, I can
provide xulrunner 1.9.0.7 because it is the latest and it meets the
requirement of >= 1.9.0.6. Although it should probably be an EQ because the
Firefox 3.0.6 with xulrunner 1.9.0.7 does not work, this appears to fall on
Red Hat. However, I do think update-minimal should realize that the advisory
I'm trying to install looks for a specific version of xulrunner (1.9.0.6 in
this case) and check to see if that version meets the requirement (which it
does) and to see if that package is available in the repository (which it
is) and install that version, not the latest.