[Yum] Can yum show a listing of just the locally installed packages?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:19:25 UTC 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:

>>> Seth,
>>> Not exactly. That shows me everything that is installed no matter
>>> where it came from. I'm just wanting the list of packages that I
>>> installed using 'localinstall' or 'localupdate'.
>>>

>> yum list extras
>>
>> -sv
> Ok, I just got done trying 'yum list extras' and it shows me a whole big
> long list of packages which I guess are still installed but no longer
> available from the repositories. So no, extras doesn't help here.

extras also wouldn't include things that are in the repos but that you
installed by a means other then yum (perhaps rebuilding on the way).

I'd like something similar but I think equally impossible: a way to list
the packages that were installed from each repository separately whether
or not it is still there or a package is in multiple repos.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com