[Yum] Yum error: SyntaxError: not well-formed (invalid token):

Heimburger,Justin C justin.heimburger at edwardjones.com
Fri Mar 13 14:20:17 UTC 2009

Thanks!  I had nearly identified the offending pkg by the tedious
process of elimination - i.e. removed all pkgs from the 11th, one by
one, createrepo, yum clean all, yum list; move one pkg back, lather,
rinse, repeat.

But the xmllint trick is one I'll keep in my back pocket.  It conplained
about a problem, and here's what I see in the file when I go to the
location it complains about:

----
used for caching
data.^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[D^[[Ddistributed
cache.
----

I appreciate your help.  I'll definitely be able to track this down
faster next time this happens.

Thanks,
Justin

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward Jones, please send this request to messages at edwardjones.com.  You must include the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.  For important additional information related to this e-mail, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure