[Yum] A question..... on packaging application plugins - get started

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 3 13:38:50 UTC 2009

DB wrote:
> I presume (dangerous, I know) that any such rpm would then be stored
> locally?
>> DaveT.
>>

> Thanks DaveT, I'll take a look at the rpm building bit... Do you have a
> link to an Idiot's Guide??
Hi again,

take a look a Tom Callaway's intro from a conference via:
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=+goodrpmpackages-tomcallaway-2008
{pdf, odf, html}.

step by step:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package

if you are keen on packaging for Fedora distros:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers

I think both fedora-list @redhat and #fedora-devel on irc, are good
places to be asking questions regarding rpm packaging... if you can post
what you have done so far with your question (usually to a pastebin), so
that people can see where you are at.

DaveT.