[Yum] yum-utils 1.1.20 released

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 2 08:08:52 UTC 2009

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Tim Lauridsen
> <tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Yet another yum-utils 1.1.20 is released.
>>
>> Changes:
>>     kernel-module and fedorakmod is no longer part of yum-utils.
>>     All plugin package names has been renamed from yum-<pluginname> to
>> yum-plugin-<pluginname>
>>     Check change log for other changes [1]
>>

> Hi Tim,
>
> Will the upgrade path to this version be painful, or will it be as
> seamless as possible?
> In specific, I'm wondering whether :
> - the new yum-plugin-<pluginname> RPM have a provide for
> yum-<pluginname> to allow easy upgrades

the new yum-plugin-<name>, provides yum-<name>, so this should still work:
yum install yum-<name>

> - where does kernel-module and fedorakmod functionality goes to? Is it
> built in on yum?

No, the 'kernel-module' is kind of deprecated and the problem with with
kmod is there are more way to do it, so the plugin should match the
repos there carry the kmod packages, so these kind of plugins fit better
   in the repos carrying the kmod, so the can adapt it to the way the
kmod are put together in the repo. So I ripped it out from yum-utils
upstream, so it can be put into the repos carrying the kmod packages.

Jack Neely has taken upstream of the current kmod plugin

http://linuxczar.net/

Tim