[Yum] yum access ftp repos without a proxy, http with proxy

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Mon Jun 29 10:12:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 07:26:56PM -0400, Gene Smith wrote:
> So I guess the new question is: how do you I set a mirrorlist url to
> also return ftp sites and not just http? And how do I ask for sites in
> all countries having ftp sites be returned, not just US?

This is not really yum related, but I answer anyway on this list. In the
mirrorlist code there is following comment:

"""
remove all but http and ftp URLs,
and if both http and ftp are offered,
leave only http.
"""

So it looks like you are out of luck and it is currently not really
possible to get all available FTP sites. But it does not look like it
would be difficult to add another parameter to the mirrorlist to select
the preferred protocol.

To get a mirrorlist for all countries you have to add "&country=global"

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-8&arch=i386&country=global

		Adrian