[Yum] Successfull reinstall, but exit code 1

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 17 14:56:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 10:34:05AM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Axel Thimm wrote:
>> I'm running a yum reinstall pam.x86_64 which properly does what the
>> command says, but the exit code is 1. I turned up -d and -e but there
>> were no warnings/errors. Is this perhaps a phony error code? If so,
>> how can I remove it in the sources?
>>
>> This is with yum 3.2.23 (from Fedora 11)
>
> Can you attach any/all output? It sounds like there may have been some
> sort of non-fatal scriptlet error.

I'll try to recreate the previous state, but there was no warning from
yum even with -d 50 -e 50, so I'm not sure it will be of any value.

So, yum reinstall reflects the (last?) scriplet's exit code?  Is that
what yum install and yum remove do as well? E.g. if yum install
completes successfully on the screen it may have an exit code != 0 due
to a soft-failed pre/post scriplet?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net