[Yum] yum - missing dependencies ?

shashidhar velagandula shashidhar.velagandula at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:46:57 UTC 2009

No , its not updating

[root at pvfs3 ~]# yum update yum*
This system is not registered with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Skipping security plugin, no data
Could not find update match for yum*
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion

[root at pvfs3 ~]# yum update yum
This system is not registered with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Skipping security plugin, no data
Could not find update match for yum
No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
[root at pvfs3 ~]#

I have only one file under /etc/yum.repos.d/
i.e.,
[root at pvfs3 ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel-debuginfo.repo
[rhel-debuginfo]
name=Red Hat Enterprise Linux $releasever - $basearch - Debug
baseurl=
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-redhat-release
[root at pvfs3 ~]#

what are the required repos I need to add ?

Thanks & Regards ,
shashidhar