[Yum] rpm.RPMTAG_SOURCERPM vs rpm.RPMTAG_SOURCEPACKAGE

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jan 25 22:35:34 UTC 2009

On Friday 23 January 2009, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> Yup, what was there before was correct (and identical to what rpm itself
> uses) - the existence of RPMTAG_SOURCERPM tag means it's a binary,
> otherwise it's a source.

I just remembered something that was the cause of a long since resolved
rpmlint bug: RPMTAG_SOURCERPM is also empty for installed gpg-pubkey
packages, so they would fall into the "it's a source" category above.

There's a headerIsSource() in rpm's lib/header.h, is that exposed to Python
somewhere?  I suppose yum is not the only package wanting to offload this
issue to rpm ;)