[Yum] Tools to create YUM repository

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:38:26 UTC 2009

2009/2/23 Amit Laxmikant Pande <pamitlaxmikant at novell.com>

> The question might be a little naive. Apologies for that.
>
> 1. I have a set of packages kept under some directory and I want to create a YUM structure (on a file system itself). Do we have tools which would do that ?
>
> 2. The extension of this question : Do these tools work on Windows too ?

I believe the tool you are after is createrepo, it comes part of
CentOS and I assume also all other rpm-based distributions. A quick
google came up with the following address at the top of the list:
http://createrepo.baseurl.org/

> For example , I want to create a YUM repository on a Windows server.

I never tried this but would expect it stands a chance as it's an
all-python environment. Try asking Google.

--Amos