[Yum] Yum output and term size

pirla the.pirla at gdit.it
Mon Feb 2 11:55:01 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have a little question that I would like to understand.

How yum chose the row size for the output of the command.

I see that if I send output to a file or to a pipe, the size is set to
80 char, even if the terminal has more columns.
This is a problem when package names are long because the row is divided
into 2 rows, so script or parsing is very hard.

I would like to have 2 things implemented.
First... the output sent to a non terminal should be on one row, and
field separated by a defined char (for example a tab or a space).

Second... if possible... the row on the output that are informational
only (like a plugin loaded and so on) should be disabled by an option
or sent to stderr

I'm not a pyton programmers, so someone can point me to the right
section to modify this behavior.

Bye
 Ambrogio

--
Ciao
        Pirla

Per rispondere in E-mail the (punto) pirla (chiocciola) gdit.it
*** un bacio ai pupi ***

---> Linux user since yesterday <---
--->     Linux User #389536     <---