[Yum] yum check-update performance slow

Mike McIntyre mikemci at ca.ibm.com
Fri Aug 14 20:06:10 UTC 2009

Thanks Seth and James for your responses.  Novell does not provide a newer
release of yum and  yum-metadata-parser on SLES 10 zlinux s390x.  I'll try
to get the prerequisite rpms needed and perform rpmbuild --rebuild on the
latest yum release source rpm first on SLES 10 zlinux s390x before trying
rpmbuild for yum-metadata-parser.  I am assuming that I do not need
yum-metadata-parser installed on the client if I can successfully rpmbuild
yum-3.2.23-0.src.rpm and install yum-3.2.23-0.  Correct me if I am wrong
about this assumption.

Regards,....Mike McIntyre
Distributed System Management
Infrastructure Services | Server Support Team
Securities Industry Services | Financial Services Sector
IBM Global Technology Services, Canada