[Yum] New script to yum-utils: debugrepo-check

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 29 07:04:15 UTC 2009

James Antill wrote:
> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> writes:
>
>> On Wednesday 08 April 2009, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'd like to see a script I've used every now and then to find out problems
>>> in debuginfo package repos available somewhere, making it easier for people
>>> to spot such issues.  Attached is a patch that adds it to yum-utils, along
>>> with a sample output of current rawhide-debuginfo.
>> Any comments about this?  If people don't see this fitting nicely in yum-
>> utils, I'll start looking at shipping it somewhere else.
>
>  I think we want all the checks like this in one tool (maybe
> repoclosure), I also have a script which checks that prco data across
> subarches is good and I'm sure there are others ... can you think
> of a good reason to have N scripts, as against one yumrepolint type
> thing?

I love the idea of having a more generic repo check tool where all kind of repo related checks can be:

something like the way yum commands are implemented in yumcommands.py.

where we have a base class with some generic methods that each check should inherit and implement, i will make it much
easier to maintain and easier to add new type of checks.

It could work something like

<general option> is yum options inherited from yum cli like debug level.

Tim