[Yum] show-leaves plugin

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Apr 28 19:44:19 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'd like yum to tell me if after a transaction there are any new leaf packages
installed.  New packages installed in a transaction are the obvious ones (and
should maybe not be displayed at all but IMO that's a minor concern that can
be taken care of if need be, perhaps with a config option), but the more
interesting ones are new leaves after an update or update+install transaction.
remove-with-leaves is similar but AFAIK it handles only erase transactions.

So, I came up with the attached plugin.  I don't feel too good about clearing
cached rpmdb data in posttrans_hook but it seems necessary and the alternative
I came up with (grabbing rpmdb data in close_hook instead of posttrans_hook
and accessing rpmdb there through conduit._base.rpmdb) felt even worse.  Is
there a better way?

Comments and improvements welcome.  I'd like to see this eventually included
in yum-utils.