[Yum] trouble starting NIS on CentOS after update

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 24 13:23:44 UTC 2009

Andreas Keller wrote:
 > My problem:
 > since last update on Centos I cann't start some services for example NIS,
 > bat i need to update enother services. How cann I find out which service
 > which
 > files include, in order to download and update corresponding packages
from
 > all available?
yum check-update

You might want to take a look at recent updates which (in Fedora at
least) are logged to /var/log/yum.log and similar named files.

On the off chance you are using vmware and had to vmware-config, you
might need to:
restorecon -vR /etc/

ps. I started a new thread since your's seems to be unrelated to the
article thread. It's a good idea to summarize your issue in the message
subject ;-)

DaveT.