[Yum] yum groupinstall question

Shuichi Ihara ihara at sun.com
Fri Apr 10 14:53:46 UTC 2009

David Timms wrote:
> Shuichi Ihara wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm attempting to install RHEL packages to a directory with yum.
>> e.g)
>> # mkdir /tmp/rhel5.3
>> # yum -y --installroot=/tmp/rhel5.3 -c yum.conf --disablerepo=* \
>> --enablerepo=rhel5.3 install bash
>> # yum -y --installroot=/tmp/rhel5.3 -c yum.conf --disablerepo=* \
>> --enablerepo=rhel5.3 groupinstall "core"
>>
>> my yum.conf is much simple. It just defines repo name and bseurl which
>> is pointed to dvd.
>> [rhel5.3]
>> name=rhel5.3
>> baseurl=file:///media/rhel5.3/Server
>>
>> When I run above "yum groupinstall" command, it failed due to a couple of
>> packages are already install below...
>>
>> Transaction Check Error:
>>   package libtermcap-2.0.8-46.1 is already installed
>>   package glibc-2.5-34 is already installed
>>   package libgcc-4.1.2-44.el5 is already installed
> I think these are being read for your rpmdb in your /var file system.
>
> Perhaps you need to initialize the rpmdb within the installroot ?

I did it, but it was same error.
Before run "yum", I crated a rpmdb into installroot below.

# mkdir -p $DDIR/var/lib/rpm
# mkdir -p $DDIR/var/lock/rpm
# rpm --initdb --dbpath $DDIR/var/lib/rpm

Any other ideas? I tried to "base" instead of "core", but there were some dependency issues.

/usr/sbin/groupadd: error while loading shared libraries: libaudit.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/groupadd: error while loading shared libraries: libaudit.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
   Installing     : libutempter                                          197/340

I also tried "yum install" and "yum localinstall" instead of "groupinstall", but another
dependency problem showed up.

I just want to install "base" group (at least) to chroot directory. Any ideas?

Thanks
-Ihara