[Yum] problem upgrading distro via yum

Casey Boone caseyboone at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:17:29 UTC 2008

I will post that output later, but I can say that it wouldn't do a
"yum update yum" either, it ended telling me there was nothing really
to do.  the only difference in version information from the fc8
installed version of yum and the fc9 version was just fc8 vs fc9, both
were 3.2.19.

I am fearful of the skip-broken option, i think preupgrade might be
the way i go, or data backup and fresh install.  From what I have read
there was a pretty decent change in how the initscripts are handled
between fc8 and fc9