[Yum] Yum on a Linux From Scratch System.

Greg Ward gerg.ward+yum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:02:16 UTC 2008

On 25 October 2008, Robert Xu said:
> Hi all,I was wondering how to install Yum on a LFS system. I currently use
> the 082608 SVN version of both the LFS and BLFS books, and I've been trying
> to install Yum onto my system for a couple of days. It keeps telling me
> python does not recognize yum, and i've tried everything. Can someone please
> help me?

Probably not, since you did not tell us the exact error message.  Saying
that "Python does not recognize yum" is pretty vague.  Saying you've
"tried everything" is even more vague.  Why don't you tell us:

  * what command you are running
  * what you expected to happen
  * what actually happened
  * what precisely you have tried to fix or workaround the problem

        Greg